I can’t explain to anyone the amount of time I dedicated to finding this recipe! I have been on the search for the perfect macadamia dark chocolate chip cookie recipe for weeks. Well, this is a true result of hard work! Enjoy. Try the recipe and tell me your thoughts. View the recipe below the image!
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder (you can use regular unsweetened but they won’t be as dark as shown)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in both chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the cookie sheets, 3 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes until they just lose their glossy sheen. Err on the side of underdone for these cookies; they taste better that way. Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
- You can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder if you can’t find the dark.
- Make them 1 tablespoon size for double the cookies, but they will have a shorter baking time.
Here’s the blogger who I borrowed this recipe from. Check out her blog and show some support HERE!