If you’re a fan of Mexican and Southside styled recipes then this juicy tender Grilled Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa dish could be for you! With avocado as an ingredient and a hint of lemon lime, this meal seems like an easy pick.
Being that I found this on one of new favorites sites, Cookingclassy.com, I think you’ll enjoy it. Plus, with this recipe having two parts then this can be a perfect chance to get others involved.
And when you’re done…
Tell me your opinions. Tell me if you have any modifications. I want to hear from you!
Grilled Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 4 (6 oz) chicken boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 medium avocados (ripe but semi-firm), diced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under cool water to remove harsh bite
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place chicken on a cutting board, cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound thicker parts of chicken to an even thickness. Transfer chicken to a gallon size resealable plastic bag.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, cilantro, 3 cloves minced garlic and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Pour marinade mixture over chicken in bag. Seal bag while pressing air out, then rub marinade over chicken. Allow to rest in refrigerator 2 – 4 hours (rotating bag to opposite side and moving chicken around halfway through if possible to ensure it’s evenly marinating).
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat (to about 425 – 450 degrees). Brush grill grates lightly with oil then grill chicken until center registers 160 – 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl toss together avocado, tomato, onion, garlic and lime and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon a generous amount over chicken and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve warm.