There’s something about the word Fajitas that makes them so interesting and worth trying. While I’ve had a few of them here and there, I’ve recently come across a recipe worth trying. I still haven’t had the chance – between my busy schedule and other things – to try this Mango Steak Fajita, but I’m hoping someone will do so for me.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and tell me what it was like. If you had to make any adjustments or modifications, please share. I want to hear from you!
Now, onto this delicious recipe. With a total of 25 mins. to prepare and cook this meal, its a great for a quick and easy meal. Readers, I present a recipe from Jocooks.com
Author: Jo Cooks
- 1 lb (450 g) beef sirloin steak, 1 in/2.5 cm thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups sliced mango
- Trim fat from steak, if necessary. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag. For marinade mixture, stir together oil, lime juice, fajita seasoning and oregano. Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade and pour the rest of the marinade over meat and seal the bag. Refrigerate for about 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a skillet melt butter and add onion slices. Drizzle with reserved marinade mixture. Saute the onion until slightly brown. Set aside.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak 14 to 18 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Thinley slice meat. Serve with onions and sliced mango in warm tortillas.